How to set up Rich Pins on your WordPress blog
I remember when I first figured out rich pins, it was one of those aha moments.
Having Rich Pins on your site will make your Pins stand out in the Pinterest feed and encourage users to click through your website.
This will increase organic traffic to your website considerably. This is what we all want, right?!!.
I’ll show you how to set up Rich Pins on your WordPress blog to get all that highly desired traffic to your corner of the internet.
WHAT ARE RICH PINS
Rich Pins are pins that show additional information, or metadata, on each pin.
They show metadata directly from your blog.
Enabling Rich Pins will make your pins stand out to pinners on Pinterest.
This will result in more repins, more traffic to your blog, reaching a wider audience and making sales.
If you use Pinterest to share your articles, images, products, and other WordPress content with your audience then you need to be using Rich Pins.
Pinterest Rich Pins allow you to add extra information to your pins, this increases your audience interest in your pins ..
Not only does it give Pinners a richer experience, but importantly they also improve user engagement with posts.
Some added benefits of rich pins are
- It adds more information to your pins and increases your pins’ chances popping up in searches.
- Whenever you update the information or metadata on any page on your blog linked to a rich pin, that information is automatically updated on the pin.
There are 4 types of Rich Pins: app, article, product and recipe pins.
- Article – Article pins show a blog title, the author, and the blog description.
- Product – Product pins include product availability, where to buy a product, and the price. This makes shopping easier.
- Recipe – Recipe pins show a summary of your recipe, including ingredients, serving size & cooking times.
- App – show an install button so people can download your app without leaving Pinterest.
Rich Pins are easy to enable on your Pinterest account, trust me it only takes minutes .
WHY DO YOU NEED RICH PINS?
You need Rich Pins for your Pinterest for Business account for a few reasons:
- Branding. Rich Pins makes your Pins look beautiful & legit (making it more likely for people to pay attention to them.)
- High-visibility. Rich Pins increases your chances of users clicking over to your website by giving them an extra layer of information.
- Credibility. Rich Pins give your Pinterest profile more credibility, which means it’s more likely for Pinterest to rank your content higher.
How to set up Rich Pins on your Blog
Setting up rich pins on your blog is quite straightforward. Let’s get into the steps.
1. FIRST OF ALL, SET UP OR CONVERT TO A PINTEREST BUSINESS ACCOUNT:
To enable Rich Pins on your blog or website, you have to first set up a Pinterest Business Account.
This is actually simple to do. You may already have a Pinterest personal account and if that is the case, you should convert your Pinterest personal account to a Pinterest business account.
If you do not already have a Pinterest account, you can easily start from scratch to set up a Pinterest business account.
To convert your personal Pinterest account to a Pinterest business account.
2. Click on the drop-down menu at the top right and select “Upgrade to a business account”
3. Enter your e-mil address and click “continue”
4. Enter business name and description and click “next”
5. Connect your website’s url to Pinterest
If you are setting up a brand new Pinterest business account, it is simple to start from scratch:
1. Create your Pinterest account
2. Set your language and country
3. Set your business name and business description
4. Connect to your blog or website
RELATED POST: Simple pinterest strategies to grow your blog.
2. DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE YOAST SEO PLUGIN
Setting up rich pins using the Yoast plugin, in my opinion, is the easiest way To have Rich Pins set up on your WordPress blog.
To do this on WordPress, go to your Dashboard and then to Plugins. Click on “add new” and find the Yoast SEO plugin. Click to install it and then click to activate it.
You can also go to the Yoast SEO website to download the plugin. There is a free version and a paid premium version.
You are going to love this plugin. It makes optimizing for SEO so simple!
Then go to the Social tab in its settings, then to the Facebook tab. and ensure that the Add Open Graph metadata at the top is set to Enabled.
3. VALIDATE RICH PINS
After installing and activating the Yoast SEO plugin on your blog, you then need to validate this.
To validate Rich Pins, go HERE.
Enter the URL of one of your blog posts and click “validate.”
To validate, The URL used should be the URL of a blog post on your site and not your home page URL.
4. APPLY FOR RICH PINS
After validating your site for these pins, you then need to apply for them.
If you get the green check and “Your Pins have been validated!” message, click Apply Now.
Click on “apply” and wait for the email saying that you have been accepted. This can take anywhere from one hour to a week!
You could also immediately get the green check and “Your rich pins are approved and on Pinterest” message, if you do then you are all done!
It will take a few days for your existing Pins to pull in the “rich” data.
And there it is, you are all set to enjoy all the engagement and reach that you will see in your Pinterest Analytics using rich pins.
Save time and increase traffic to your site with these easily customizable Pinterest templates.
Let’s connect on social media!
Dont forget to pin this. ?