When I just started as a new blogger, if I knew then even just a little bit of what I know now about affiliate marketing,
I definitely would have signed up with affiliate programs as soon as I started a blog.
Then when I eventually decided to monetize my blog using affiliate marketing, I had to do hours and hours of research to find the best high-paying affiliate programs that I could join.
Believe it or not, It was very overwhelming and super exhausting.
The good news is, with this post you won’t have to go through that exhausting process.
I’ll walk you through affiliate marketing plus all you need to know about the best highest paying affiliate program you can join as a blogger irrespective of your niche.
Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links, meaning I receive a commission if you decide to make a purchase using my links, but at no additional cost to you.
First off, I love affiliate marketing.
It is one of the best ways to monetize your website and earn passive income as a new or seasoned blogger.
So it’s no surprise that many successful bloggers make most of their income by affiliate marketing.
Picture this, imagine what it would be like to apply to one of these high paying affiliates.
Then go to bed, wake up the next day, and boom!! You had a sale while you were asleep!
I know, i’ll certainly love that and i guess you will too.
So What Is Affiliate Marketing?
By now, you are probably wondering, how does affiliate marketing work exactly?
Affiliate marketing is when you recommend products and services you use and love to your audience and earn a percentage commission when a sale is made.
Sounds awesome, right? I think so too.
What I love most about affiliate marketing is the fact that you can make a passive income. You can literally make money while you are asleep.
But hang on a minute, if you haven’t yet started a blog, you can start one for as low as 3.99 dollars a month.
Tip: You’ll need to start and set up your blog before applying to these affiliate networks to increase your chances of being accepted.
And the truth is, having your own platform is the best way to maximize your full affiliate income potential.
Apart from affiliate marketing, there are other ways you can monetize your blog, you can read more about it here.
But for today, we’ll be focusing on just affiliate marketing as a source of blog monetization.
How Long Does It Take To Make Money With Affiliate Marketing?
The simple truth is, making an income from affiliate marketing can take a while, and it may not happen overnight.
Nevertheless, how long it takes will also depend on several factors, for example, how do you intend to promote the affiliate links? What’s your strategy?
Just putting affiliate links all over your site and expecting sales will most likely not give you the best results.
What has worked the most for me when it comes to affiliate marketing is by gaining your readers’ trust, giving them a reason why they should use the promoted product.
Point out how it will benefit them or why you love it so much.
And another thing, Affiliate marketing is not just an advertisement display; it also works better when the product or services you wish to promote is relevant to your readers and audience.
Basically, With the right strategy, there is no limit to how much you can make with affiliate marketing.
80% of my income as a blogger comes from affiliate marketing.
So without a doubt, It is a great way to monetize your blog and make a passive income.
Important Points To Note Before Joining an affiliate Program
- Create your website: Seriously, it is best to have a self-hosted website, so you have total control over everything on it. You can read more about why you need a self-hosted website here.
- Research on the products you intend to recommend to your readers; preferably products you use, trust or love so you can give an honest review- transparency and honesty is best when recommending products to your readers
- There is a possibility that you might get rejected: This happens to all of us and has nothing to do with you as long as you have relevant content on your website and your website looks good.
- Keep the affiliate recommendation relevant to the blog post; if you plan on recommending an affiliate product on a blog post, keep it relevant. For example, it certainly doesn’t look good to throw in a crockpot recommendation in an article discussing email marketing.
- Different affiliate programs have different cookie duration. ( More about this below)
- Identify your target audience, streamline thier interest; This will make it easier for you to determine what your target audience wants from you. This will also help you figure out what products and companies fit in with your target audience.
- Finally, after you join an affiliate program, dont forget to get the word out: To make money from your affiliate post, you need to put it out there on social networks and pinterest.
Pinterest is an awesome platform for free traffic to your affiliate post. Read more Pinterest strategies to grow your blog.
High Paying Affiliate Programs for Bloggers
As a blogger, it is easier to begin affiliate marketing by joining a network of affiliate programs.
This is great because once you are accepted into that network, you would have easy access to different merchants under the network as they relate to your niche.
Not only is it easy for you to keep track of your affiliate income and sales, but you will also have access to a lot of merchants with different commission percentages all under one umbrella.
Examples of such networks is share a sale and Awin.
It can get really confusing and overwhelming when it comes to picking affiliate programs because of all the options out there, so joining a network like a